Current Bitcoin Price

Monday, August 31, 2020

why I'm using coingecko over coinmarketcap.com.

Author's forenote: this comes from my place as a cryptocurrency holder and trader, not a moderator of this sub.

This post in some ways has been inspired by a couple of other threads here and I was wondering whether or not I should post this thread for the past few days.

I guess now it is relevant though. Why i prefer using coingecko over cmc:
1.ERC20 Contract addresses are listed on the coin's page.
2.Im not sure what their criteria for coin "rankings" are besides market cap, but as an example, coingecko lists polkadot as a top 10 coin by volume, but on cmc it's in the top 2000.
3.AFAIK I haven't seen any "paid shillings" like the recent band protocol educational shit on cmc.
4.I think it's nice to see how a coin has performed in the past 24 hours to 7 days without having to click on anything else on screen.

The only thing I dont like about coingecko: when you click on a coin, it shows the 24 hour graph by default.

last I checked cmc gets 30 million visitors a month while coingecko gets about 1 3rd of that.

As always, DYOR.



Submitted August 31, 2020 at 06:33PM by sgtslaughterTV https://ift.tt/2QFVMyf https://ift.tt/2Z7cX2s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

BITCOIN (BTC) blockch✂️ain FORKS

πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§πŸ›‘πŸš§ Bitcoin Cash:  Forked at Block 478558, 1 August 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCH Bytether:  Cross for...